Are pet odors in your carpets driving you crazy? Well, you’re in luck! This series of topics contains odor elimination tips and processes to eliminate unpleasant pet odors from carpets.
First, we’ll discuss the importance of preventing dog accidents and sharing strategies to minimize the chances of carpet mishaps. Then, we’ll guide you through a step-by-step process to remove urine odor from your carpets using MR LOUIE Odor & Stain Remover, covering fresh and old stains.
In addition, we’ll provide urine odor remover tips and tricks to ensure your carpets remain fresh and odor-free. Lastly, we’ll unveil the secret to finding those invisible urine stains causing persistent odors in your home.
By the end, you’ll understand how to conquer pet odor problems on your carpets. Say goodbye to unwanted odors and welcome back fresh, clean carpets.
Preventing Dog Accidents Even Before It Happens
They say that
an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
And that’s true with dogs peeing on your carpet. When you adopt your dog for the first time, it’s your responsibility to train your dog to pee and poo in the place you want them to be. Doing this means training your pets to know which place in your home seems acceptable for you to do their business.
When it feels like having a dog and a carpet appears to be a bad recipe for a messy home and some additional cleaning time, there are tips and good practices that help the two co-exist together easily. This means you can maintain a cleaner carpet while having your beloved pets close to you.
The key here is to have your pets respect your commands and create a routine. When house training is successful, you won’t have to pick up your cleaning materials and start doing all sorts of techniques to regain a cleaner carpet and maintain its best odor. The best method of cleaning your carpets is to prevent it even before it happens.
How to Remove Urine Odor on Carpets
Various techniques exist to remove pet urine odor depending on how long the stain has been on your carpet. Some methods may be the same in different circumstances.
One thing to remember here is to find the stains. Finding it means you also have located the dog pee smell you’re trying to remove, as stains and odors often go together. Cleaning pet stains means you’re eliminating odors as well.
To do this, we recommend using MR LOUIE Odor & Stain Remover. By using MR LOUIE, and when done right, you can save good money by skipping professional carpet cleaning services.
With that out of the way, let’s review each type of stain and specific steps to remove stains and odors altogether.
For a Fresh/Wet Urine Stains
If you catch your dog in action peeing on the carpet, act quickly. Here’s what you can do to clean it up:
- Place paper towels over the wet spot on top and underneath if possible. Cover with a layer of newspaper. You can stand on the paper or leave it until it’s soaked.
- First, dispose of all the paper and then rinse the affected area with cool water. Dispose of the soiled paper towels in your pet’s designated bathroom area if possible- to help your pet for this training. Blot up the water with towels or a wet vacuum if you have one.
- Pull out your MR LOUIE Odor & Stain Remover bottle and apply a generous amount to the stain.
- Allow the MR LOUIE Odor & Stain Remover to sit on the stain for a few minutes.
- Gently agitate the stained area.
- Blot with a clean cloth. If the stain lessens, repeat until it is completely gone.
For an Old/Dried Urine Stain
Old or dried urine stains are relatively more common than fresher ones. Often, you’ll come across old, settled stains rather than catching your dog in action by taking a pee.
The first giveaway of old or dried urine is odor. When there’s a dog urine smell, your mission is to find where it’s coming from and remove it immediately. If you are dealing with a dried stain or a new place that smells of dog urine, there are effective methods to try:
- Begin by rinsing the affected area with plain water and using a wet-dry vacuum cleaner. Use wet towels and warm water if you don’t have a vacuum.
- Remove any excess particles or liquid using a cloth.
- Shake MR LOUIE Odor & Stain Remover before use and apply a generous amount to the stain.
- Allow MR LOUIE Odor & Stain Remover to sit for a few minutes.
- Gently agitate the stain.
- Blot the area with a cloth.
- Repeat if necessary if the stain lessens or doesn’t fully come up.
Other Tips and Tricks for Dog Odor Removal
Now that you have the steps to remove new and old pee stains and odors, these tips and tricks help you make your cleaning much easier.
- The key difference in removing stains and odors between fresh and old is the first step, letting a paper towel soak on top of the fresh accident. Since old accidents are dry, you must soak it up to wet the stain and eventually remove it.
- You might have some tricks by using steam cleaners under your sleeve. Although they are good cleaning equipment, they’re ineffective on pet stains and odors. The heat it produces will permanently set the very thing that you want to remove. So, set your steam cleaners aside for other jobs.
- You might be in a situation where the odor is everywhere, yet you cannot see the stain. To remove the odor, you have to remove the stain. However, invisible stains add another challenge to your cleaning mission. An easy way to detect unseeable stains is blacklight. Turn off all the lights and hold the black light over your carpet. A pet stain looks like green or yellow. You’ll then confirm the area in question by smelling it.
- There might be differing opinions on using vinegar or ammonia as a urine remover. Some advise you to use it, and some don’t. For people who are saying not to use it, the reason is that it leaves a more pungent odor than the pet odor that you want to remove. Dogs might want to pee again in that area to assert their territory. If you use chemicals with strong odors, neutralize them using scents or an odor remover such as MR LOUIE Odor & Stain Remover.
Use Mr. Louie, and Your Carpet Will Thank You!
If you are tired of battling pet odors and stains on your beautiful carpets, we have a solution that works for you. Our practical tips will help remove dog pee smells from your carpets and leave them fresh and clean. Eliminating pet odors doesn’t need to be as complex or challenging as it appears.
MR LOUIE Odor and Stain Remover were designed to remedy the headache of unsightly stains and unpleasant odors. Your carpet will thank you when you use MR LOUIE Odor and Stain Remover.